Extend Your Gigabit Ethernet Signal up to 20 Kilometres via SC Singlemode Fiber Cable
This economical unit converts a copper Ethernet signal to singlemode fiber (and vice versa) to extend a 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet connection up to 20 kilometres. Because Cat5e/6 cables are limited to only 100 metres, it is more effective to couple the N785-INT-SC-SM with singlemode fiber cable to reach greater distances. This could include providing network connectivity to employees in a secluded area of a facility, college or branch office or connecting multiple office workstations to a switch located in a separate building.
Supports Auto-Sensing of Network Speed and Other Advanced Functions
Monitoring and controlling your network nodes is easy with the N785-INT-SC-SM’s advanced features, such as automatic network speed sensing, full/half-duplex auto-detection and automatic MDI/MDIZ configuration. Six LEDs indicate the converter’s Ethernet network and fiber link status at a glance.
Supports Singlemode Fiber Cable with SC Connectors
Two N785-INT-SC-SM converters are needed to extend an Ethernet network connection. Singlemode fiber optic cabling with SC ends (such as Tripp Lite’s N356-Series, sold separately) connect the two converters. Copper Cat5e/6 cabling (see Tripp Lite’s N201-Series, sold separately) connects one converter to your network device, such as a server, and the other converter to a network switch.
Completely Plug-and-Play with No Additional Software Required for Connection
The compact metal converter is easy to install and set up with no software or drivers required. The included power supply connects to a convenient AC outlet with no computer or other signal source needed. International plug adapters for North America (NEMA 5-15P), the United Kingdom (BS 1363), Europe (CEE 7/16 Schuko) and Australia (AS/NZS 3112) are included.
● Extend a Gigabit Ethernet network up to 20 km. on a college campus or large corporate center
● Provide network connectivity to employees in a secluded area of a facility or branch office
● Connect multiple office workstations to a switch installed in a data center in another building
● Extends your copper Gigabit Ethernet network past the standard 100 m limit
● Supports singlemode fiber optic cable with SC connectors
● RJ45 jack supports auto-MDI/MDIZ to bridge various network devices
● Supports both full- and half-duplex operation
● Includes North America, U.K., Europe and Australia plug adapters
● 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet network
● Singlemode SC fiber optic cabling up to 20 km
● N785-INT-SC-SM Gigabit Singlemode Fiber to Ethernet Media Converter, 1310 nm, 20 km
● International power supply (Input: 100–240V)
● (4) International plug adapters (North America, U.K., Europe, Australia)
● Owner’s manual
2-year limited warranty
All products are protected by the Manufacturer’s warranty, unless otherwise specified. NCDS Canada guarantees that the products shipped to you are free of any defects; should your product be deemed defective we will happily exchange the item. If the item is no longer available, we will issue you a refund. Refurbished Products have a 30 day limited warranty, unless otherwise specified. For more information about product warranties, please see our Warranty Policy.