ProSAFE XS728T - 24x 10GBASE-T copper ports, 4x SFP+ 1000/10GBASE-X fiber ports, 173.3W max., 41.6 dB, 5.04 kg
Same day shipping on most in stock orders placed before 3PM (EST)
Our automated system checks our sources daily to ensure we always have our lowest price.
Your purchase is protected by the manufacturers warranty.
As a leading provider of network equipment for SMBs, NETGEAR® understands the importance of reliable and high performance networks. With the growth of virtualization, cloud-based services and applications like VoIP, video streaming and IP surveillance, SMB networks need to extend beyond simple reliability to higher speed and performance. The 10-Gigabit Smart Managed Switch series from NETGEAR presents the right solution for this requirement; delivering unprecedented non-blocking 10-Gigabit bandwidth at an affordable cost.
The NETGEAR XS708T, XS716T, XS728T, and XS748T are powerful Smart Managed Switches that come with 8, 16, 24, or 44 10-Gigabit Copper ports and either 2 Shared (Combo) Copper/SFP+ ports (XS708T/XS716T) or 4 additional Dedicated SFP+ ports (XS728T/XS748T) for 10G Fiber links. The NETGEAR 10-Gigabit Smart Managed Switches are purposely designed as a cost-effective way to provide 10G connections to 10G-capable servers and NAS (Network Attached Storage) systems. They can be used at the “center of a small business network” or as an aggregation / access switch in a larger organization including workgroup access, connecting to a 10‑Gigabit NETGEAR Fully Managed Switch on one end and extending the 10G connections to the edge. The XS708T and XS716T are also ideal for smaller workgroups that need high bandwidth for sharing, collaborating, editing, and publishing high-density content like video or animation.
Comprehensive L2+/Layer 3 Lite Features
- The 10G Smart Managed Switches provide comprehensive L2+/Layer 3 Lite features in order to meet current and future needs on virtualization, converged networking and mobility. Some of the main features include:
- Advanced VLAN features such as Protocol-based VLAN, MAC-based (Media Access Control) VLAN and 802.1x Guest VLAN
- Advanced QoS (Quality of Service) with L2/ L3/L4 awareness and 8 priority queues
- IPv4 and IPv6 static routing
- Private VLAN
- Dynamic VLAN assignment
- IGMP and MLD snooping
- Advanced Security
- IPv6 for management, QoS and ACL
10-Gigabit Transition with BASE-T
- 10GBASE-T, like other BASE-T technologies, uses the standard RJ-45 Ethernet jack
- It is backward compatible, auto-negotiating between higher and lower speeds – thereby not forcing an all-at-once network equipment upgrade
- Cat 5 / Cat 5e are supported for Gigabit speeds up to 100 meters
- Cat 6 twisted pair copper cabling supports 10-Gigabit speeds up to 45 meters
- Cat 6a or newer Cat 7 cabling will allow for up to 100 meter 10GBASE-T connections
Designed as a Core Switch for SMB Networks
- 10G connection to 10G-capable servers and network storage
- Powerful L2+/Layer 3 Lite features make them the most cost-effective core switches for SMB and virtualization environment
- Future-proof your network with 10G bandwidth, advanced traffic management and comprehensive IPv6 support
- Static routing helps to route internal traffic for more efficient use of network resources
- IGMP and MLD snooping provide advanced multicast filtering
Act as an Aggregation Switch for Medium Sized Networks
- 10-Gigabit switches help to resolve the congestion issue between network edge and core, which is caused by the broader adoption of Gigabit-to-the-desktop
- 10-Gigabit Ethernet provides greater scalability than multiple Gigabit Ethernet links, resulting in a simplified and highly efficient network infrastructure
- Up to eight 10-Gigabit Ethernet links can be aggregated into a virtual 80‑Gbps connection
- 10-Gigabit Ethernet reduces cabling complexity and uses existing cabling efficiently
Smart IT, not Big IT
- Easy-to-use web browser-based management GUI makes setup and management simple
- Standards-based technology, ensuring interoperability with any standards-based devices in the existing network
- Dual firmware images, improving reliability and uptime to your network
- Worry-free with NETGEAR ProSAFE® LIFETIME Hardware Warranty*
- Minimal down-time with NETGEAR ProSAFE LIFETIME Next-Business-Day Replacement Warranty
- Get deployment assistance with 90-days Free 24x7 Advanced Technical Phone Support**
- LIFETIME 24x7 Online Chat Technical Support
LIFETIME Hardware Warranty
MFG Part #: XS728T-100NES
WEB ID: 781155
Backorder this product now and you will not be invoiced until it ships!
We get work the minute your order is received, our average turn around time it 2 to 3 weeks.
Once received, your product is shipped to you via next business day delivery to all major cities in canada
Cancel your order at any time before it ships - no strings attached