The 12 Gb SAS HUSMM32 Enterprise Performance FIPS SED solid-state drives (SSDs) are high-performance self-encrypting drives (SEDs) that adhere to the Federal Information Processing Standard 140-2 (FIPS 140-2) cryptographic standard. These drives are available in either 2.5-inch or 3.5-inch drive form factor for System x servers.
Self-encrypting drives provide the ultimate in security for data-at-rest and help reduce IT drive retirement costs in the data center. When combined with the compatible RAID controllers, SED drives in Lenovo servers deliver a cost-effective, secure solution for businesses of all sizes. Self-encrypting drives are also an excellent choice if you need to comply with government or industry rules regarding data privacy and encryption.
The 12 Gb SAS Enterprise Performance FIPS SED SSD is shown in the following figure.
- Industry-standard 2.5-inch drive with 2.5-inch or 3.5-inch drive tray attached
- Compliant with the FIPS 140-2 Level 2 standard for cryptography modules
- Supports the SafeStore self-encyrpting drive (SED) functionality of ServeRAID adapters
- Based on proven HGST Ultrastar SS300 drive technology
- Uses 3D Multi-Level Cell (MLC) NAND flash memory
- Endurance of 10 drive writes per day (DWPD) for 5 years. This equates to a total bytes written (TBW) value of:
- 400 GB drive: 7 PB
- 800 GB drive: 15 PB
- 1.6 TB drive: 29 PB
- SAS MLC solid-state drive with high read performance and consistently low latencies to fulfill client needs in the enterprise space
- High reliability and enhanced ruggedness
- Energy saving, with 9 W typical power consumption per drive
- Absence of moving parts to reduce potential failure points in the server
- S.M.A.R.T. support
- Advanced Encrypting Standard (AES) 256-bit encryption
- Supports Sanitize Cryptographic Erase
- Full end-to-end data path protection:
- Extended error correction code (ECC)
- Exclusive-OR (XOR) parity to protect against Flash die failure
- Parity-checked internal data paths without an external write cache
- Power loss data management without the need for a supercapacitor
All products are protected by the Manufacturer’s warranty, unless otherwise specified. NCDS Canada guarantees that the products shipped to you are free of any defects; should your product be deemed defective we will happily exchange the item. If the item is no longer available, we will issue you a refund. Refurbished Products have a 30 day limited warranty, unless otherwise specified. For more information about product warranties, please see our Warranty Policy.