Extend and Distribute Analog and Digital Audio, RS-232, and IR over a Local Area Network
Gefen’s AV over IP solutions continue our tradition of providing high performance, scalable, expandable, and secure AV routing and distribution over a standard Gigabit Local Area Network. The Digital and Analog Audio over IP Sender (EXT-ADA-LAN-TX) and Receiver (EXT-ADA-LAN-RX) are new additions to Gefen’s family of AV over IP products, offering a much-needed audio-only option for background music, public announcements, and other applications where stand-alone audio needs to be distributed through the AV system. Audio input and output options include L/R Analog, Coaxial Digital, and Optical Digital. When using the digital inputs and outputs, 2-channel PCM and up to 5.1 channels of Bitstream can be distributed through the system. In addition to audio, RS-232 and 2-way IR can also be independently* routed and distributed for source and amplifier control. The entire Gen 2.0 product line, including the audio models, feature backward-compatibility with our first-generation products.
Power-over-Ethernet allows the Sender and Receiver units to be powered through a standard PoE-enabled IP network switch, without the need for external power supplies. When used in conjunction with the EXT-CU-LAN Matrix Controller, system configuration is automated and quick. Its MFU (Mass-Firmware-Update) feature keeps firmware for the entire system up-to-date without the need to access and upgrade each unit separately. Enhanced network security by separating the control and AV networks is also made possible with the EXT-CU-LAN. Other control options include front panel buttons, web server interface, Telnet, UDP, and the Gefen Keyboard Switching Controller software (available for download at www.gefen.com). Gefen’s Enhanced API provides added functionality and facilitates use with third party controllers. The Gefen Gen 2.0 AV over IP products have been specifically designed for use with the Gefen Syner-G™ software, available for download at www.gefen.com. The Gefen Syner-G™ Discovery and Show-Me features greatly simplify initial IP configuration. Each cable run from a Sender to a Receiver or from a Sender or Receiver to the network switch can be up to 100 meters (330 feet). A built in 2-port Gigabit switch on the Receiver allows daisy-chaining of additional Receivers or other IP-enabled devices. In applications such as music and PA systems in very large venues, where there is a need to distribute sound to multiple locations, the ability to cascade Receivers removes the requirement for each cable to be run directly to the main network switch, thereby extending the range of these units far beyond the limits of a point-to-point audio or AV distribution system. The Sender and Receiver can be used as extenders in a one-to-one system, or as nodes in a virtual matrix environment where any source can be routed to any or all amplifiers, supporting up to 39,900 Senders and a combination of over 65,000 units. Applications include high performance AV and signage systems in sports bars, clubs, restaurants, board and huddle rooms, command and control centers, museums, airports, classrooms, auditoriums, hotels and retail establishments. The low-profile Sender and Receiver units feature a half-rack-width enclosure, perfect for rack-mounting using the Gefen EXT-RACK-1U-GRY rack tray (available separately). They can also be surface-mounted, placed on a shelf, or tucked away in the equipment closet or behind a powered speaker or audio amplifier.
- Extends digital and analog audio, RSZ-232, and IR, using a Gigabit Local Area Network
- Independent audio, RS-232, and IR routing
- Backward-compatible with first generation Gefen AV over IP products
- Analog L/R, Coaxial Digital, and Optical Digital Inputs and Outputs
- MFU (Mass-Firmware-Update), quick and automated configuration, and enhanced control capabilities and system security when used with the Gefen EXT-CU-LAN Matrix Controller
- Enhanced API for added functionality with third-party control systems
- Built-in web interface, Telnet, and UDP
- Supports 39,900 Senders and a combination of over 65,000 Sender and Receiver units, depending on the network bandwidth and number of ports on your network switch
- 802.3af standard Power-over-Ethernet allows the new Sender and Receiver units to be powered through a standard PoE-enabled IP network switch, without the need for external power supplies
- Two-port Gigabit Ethernet switch built into the Receiver unit
- Field-updatable firmware via EXT-CU-LAN controller or the built-in web server interface
- Locking power supply connectors
- Low-profile, half-rack width Sender and Receiver enclosures are rack-mountable using EXT-RACK-1U-GRY
- Sender and Receiver can also be surface-mounted using the included L-brackets
- Low profile Receiver enclosure features an IR Extender port and can be hidden away behind the display
All products are protected by the Manufacturer’s warranty, unless otherwise specified. NCDS Canada guarantees that the products shipped to you are free of any defects; should your product be deemed defective we will happily exchange the item. If the item is no longer available, we will issue you a refund. Refurbished Products have a 30 day limited warranty, unless otherwise specified. For more information about product warranties, please see our Warranty Policy.